Amazon.com bestsellers list

Friday, April 4, 2014

Graveyard Shift workers of Reddit, what crazy, creepy, unbelievable things have you seen working in the dead of night?

"I was out on patrol of our camp in Guatemala a few years back. We had heard stories about how the place was haunted with Aztec activity in the area, but I never really paid much attention to it. So there was about 4 or 5 of us in a van just kinda hanging out, going around camp, and keeping an eye out for anything out of place. We stopped the van at one point, and everyone got out to walk around a little and a few of the guys wanted to smoke.

So I'm standing in front of this small field of grass that's about knee high, when I hear a rustling. I said something out loud about it and a few other guys came over to check it out. It was a relatively well lit area, and we figured it would be some small animal-probably one of the big lizards they had in the area. Next thing we know, the rustling starts coming straight at us, and you see the grass parting as if someone was walking through it (kinda staggered instead of just one straight line). We all hauled ass for the van, and got outta there as quick as possible! I think at one point, there was a guy just standing on the back bumper and hanging on the roof rack. lol As we were driving away, we were looking back to make sure it wasn't just something we were going to laugh about after it came out of the grass, but sure enough-we could see the grass rustling all the way up to the roadside and then it just stopped.

We were ready to deal with any man or beast that we come across, but you put something that seems like a ghost in front of us and we're out!

I know this part isn't graveyard shift related, but it is related to what we saw that night:

I don't remember if this was the day of or if it happened the day after, but it was within an hour or so of sunset, and we were getting ready for a security briefing coming up. I stepped in the port-o-john to handle buisness, and when I came out I see a bunch of my guys standing up on an embankment looking out towards the beach. I head over and ask them what happened. They tell me they heard a blood curling scream, then looked down the beach and saw what looked like a man dragging a woman down the beach. So I asked them what were they still standing around for, lets go check into this. About 4 or 5 of us took off, and when we got to the beach, we saw foot prints in the sand with occasional drag marks. So we put our rifles in condition one, and start following the marks. We followed it for about 1/4 mile and the marks just stopped.

They didn't start heading off the beach, it wasn't an area where the water could have erased them-they just stopped.

So...that was kinda creepy. I was glad all that happened during our last day or two before we got out of Guatemala."

Graveyard Shift workers of Reddit, what crazy, creepy, unbelievable things have you seen working in the dead of night?



No comments:

Post a Comment