Amazon.com bestsellers list

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stu vs me on the word retard - Cryptozoology.com

Stu... I think my friend Leisa said it best via her facebook status. Which I've tried to explain
all along to no avail....

Leisa:
"Okay, I make jokes most of the time. Some of them are offensive to those easily offended (meaning I could make a joke about a board, and someone will be offended because they once had a splinter). And I'm getting a little sick of how I have to think of things before I post them.

I'm the furthest thing away from a racist since brown skin (which I own, by the way), but damn, I'm not completely PC and never will be. I use the word "retarded" because that doesn't mean "special needs" to me. It means someone like Palin, Bachmann, O'Donnell, Joe Walsh (the politician, although ... well, never mind), and people like that. People too stupid to even know what "stupid" means. People who hate and destroy. They are retarded! Is your special needs child/sibling/whatever like them? NO WAY! I know special needs people. They're only full of love and kindness. So get over the use. It's time YOU took yourself away from that label, not me. I already know what it means.

And sometimes, a joke is a joke. Or meant to be a joke. Some people need to point out the details, when all I was trying to do was make someone laugh. I know you feel better about yourself when you do that, but what about someone somewhere else who just needed to smile? And then read your rebuttal and got angry? Oh, yeah, that's an emotional uplift right there.

Just send me a FB email. This way, I can block you. (Yes, I'm that intolerant of egotists.)

This is FACEBOOK. It's not real life. I try to be a good person in both instances, but I also know the realm the internet can give us. So if I can make one person I never met laugh or smile, how cool is THAT? Seriously, take your issues elsewhere. I have enough to deal with in real life, and I just want to make one person smile/laugh a day. Your obsession in making others feel bad does NOT interest me."

1 comment:

  1. so i see you still dont get it... heres the sentence in english "YOU.WERE.KICKED.OFF.FOR.THREATENING.PEOPLEget over it!"
    and again in spanish since you dont seem to get it
    "USTED se iniciaron PARA LAS PERSONAS CON RIESGO DE MUERTE!Así es el amor!"

    ReplyDelete